The Department of Residential Services and Datrose Inc will hold postal mail for students traveling internationally over the summer.
These services are available to any student with an on-campus residential address who is leaving the country between May 1 – September 1. Mail will be held from May 1 – September 15.
- Residents can register at any residential package room, locations listed below. You’ll need a valid PennCard and to complete a registration form that will authorize Datrose to accept your mail and hold it for you. Students MUST register in order to participate.
- Registered users are assigned a unique address corresponding to the residential package room that will be the package delivery address. Once registered, students will need to use the address for all expected package deliveries. The address will apply only to packages. Letters or postcards will not be accepted and should be sent to the student’s off campus or fraternity or sorority postal address.
- ups mobile
How it works
- Only first or second class mail coming to the student’s mail box at time of departure from campus will be sorted and held until the student’s return to campus at the end of the summer.
- Bulk mail, magazines and newspapers will not be processed or held.
- Upon return to campus, participating students must send an email request to pick up held mail, using the email address supplied by Datrose at the time of registration.
- Student may pick up the mail at the mail hold facility to be identified prior to the end of the academic year.
- At the end of the summer, students will be sent 2 email reminders to pick up their mail from the hold facility.
- Any mail not picked up by September 15th will be returned to sender.
- Datrose, Inc. will provide Residential Services with names, PennCard numbers and e-mail addresses of students registered.
When you sign up
- You’ll need to establish a temporary Summer Address in Penn In Touch.
- Once registered, Datrose will send email confirmation and a temporary address to be entered into Penn InTouch.
- Do NOT change your Spring mailing address for family, friends, banks, businesses, etc. Datrose will process mail as it is sent to your Spring semester mailbox address.
- DO change your temporary address in Penn In Touch, using the address that Datrose sends you in this email. This will let them use that record to generate hold labels for your particular summer account.
- This email from Datrose will include instructions on how to pick up your mail at the end of the summer.